Who do I contact about bin collection?

This isn’t within the remit of the Town Council.  However, South Gloucestershire Council will be able to provide you with the information.  Click here to view their website http://www.southglos.gov.uk/environment-and-planning/recycling-rubbish-and-waste/check-your-collection-date/.  Telephone number 01454 868000.

Street Damage

South Gloucestershire Council is responsible for maintenance to the highway and pedestrian footpaths. Damage can be reported here: https://www.southglos.gov.uk/general-information/online-services/report/
If you want to report damage to the market pitching please contact the Town Council office.

My car has been damaged whilst parked in the town – can I look at CCTV?

CCTV can only be viewed for evidence gathering purposes through the appropriate channels such as the police.  This is due to data protection laws.  Although Sodbury TC pays for the CCTV cameras, you will need to contact the Police for footage.

There are shrubs overhanging and encroaching on a public path.  Who is responsible?

In the first instance, please contact us at Sodbury Town Council as we will identify land ownership.  Once this has been established, the appropriate course of action will be taken.  Most will be the responsibility of South Gloucestershire Council or private home owners.

I’m moving to the area and need some information on the town

Please take a look at Chipping Sodbury Tourist Information Centre website.  http://chippingsodburytic.co.uk

There is a fault with a streetlight.  Who do I inform?

This is the responsibility of South Gloucestershire Council.  Call Streetcare on 01454 868000. Or report via the “report it” section of SGC website.

Who is responsible for pot holes?

This is the responsibility of South Gloucestershire Council.   Call Streetcare on 01454 868000.  Or report via the “report it” section of SGC website.

How do I view local planning applications?

Applications can be viewed on-line through the Planning Department at South Gloucestershire Council – www.southglos.gov.uk/environment-and-planning/search-planning-applications/ telephone no. 01454  868004 or Yate one-stop shop.  Or visit Sodbury Town Council office who will be able to assist.